Dental implant surgeries can result in a sore mouth for several days. Soft food diets are usually recommended. But let’s face it- baby food is not appealing to an adult palate. Below are three great dental implant recipes that are soft (or blended), but that are still incredibly delicious and nutritious.
Yummy Yogurt Kale Smoothies.
This is one of our greatest dental implant recipes! While recovering from your dental implant procedure, you should enjoy this amazing drink that’s loaded in fiber and Vitamins A, C, and K. This delicious smoothie can quickly be whipped up for your morning breakfast.
1 cup of frozen kale
1/2 cup of berry yogurt
1/4 cup of milk (preferably 1% or skim)
1/2 cup of apple juice
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 cup of crushed ice
Optional: Add 1/4 cup of fresh fruit.
Delicious Cheesy Frittata.
A Frittata is an ideal meal choice for a post dental implant procedure. Its soft texture is easy to chew and digest. It contains large number of eggs which are packed with protein.
6 large eggs
1/4 cup of diced onions
2 potato cut into thin wedges (or sliced)
1 cup of chopped asparagus (or 1 cup of spinach)
1/4 cup of chopped mushrooms
1 cup of diced ham
1/4 cup of shredded marble cheese or mozzrella
1 tablespoon of skim milk
1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees Celsius). Grease the bottom of a baking dish.
2. Brown the potatoes, onion, and ham in some grapeseed or olive oil. Add the asparagus and cook until semi-tender on medium heat. After about 8 minutes, transfer the mix in the baking dish.
3. Place the baking dish in the oven for about 10 minutes (until potatoes are tender). While the potatoes and onions are happily baking in the oven, whisk the eggs and milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
4. When the potatoes, onions, and asparagus are fully cooked, take the baking dish out of the oven. Pour the egg mixture in the dish. Scatter the cheese on top and place in the oven (for the second time) for about 30 minutes.
Garnish with fresh basil.
Refreshing Mini JELL-O Mimosas.
Who says you can’t enjoy a refreshing desert right after you’ve had your dental implants added? This is one of the easiest dental implant recipes we would recommend. It is actually from http://www.jello.com/ Feel free to check out the video tutorial they have for this great recipe.
The soft texture of the Mimosas is ideal after your dental implant treatment. This recipe also includes fresh fruit and it is incredibly easy to make.
1/4 cup of Boiling Water
1 Pkg of JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
1/3 cold club soda
2 fresh strawberries, cut crosswise into 5 flat slices.
1. Add boiling water to the gelatin mix. Stir for 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add the club soda.
2. Place the strawberries in plastic cups sprayed with cooking spray. Fill with gelatin then refrigerate for about 1 hour (or until firm).
3. Unmold before serving.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding procedures and costs of dental implant solutions, contact our denture and implant solutions team at 403.228.5311. Calgary’s Signature 28 Denture Clinic has a team of experienced professionals who are patient, knowledgeable, and ready to help!
What share your own dental implant recipes? Email us or contact us at 403.228.5311. We would love for you to share a recipe that helped you after your dental implant procedure!