Dental implants can replace missing teeth permanently. They provide excellent support and long-term stability for people who suffer from failing teeth and other dental-related problems. Medical studies have reported that the success rate of implants is well over 95%.
A dental implant consists of 3 parts:
- The crown is the visible part of the prosthetic tooth.
- The implant abutment is the connector that provides support.
- The implant screw permanently attaches to your jaw and serves as a root for your new teeth.
Signature 28 Denture Professionals use a strong medical-grade implant fixture that is made of Titanium. A General Dentist or a Periodontist will surgically fuse the implant(s) to your lower or upper jaw. Over the next 6 to 12 weeks, the jawbone heals and grows around the implant. The implants are incredibly comfortable to wear and require little maintenance. They can produce a beautiful natural-looking smile that can resolve joint pain and bite problems.
Common reasons for getting dental implants are:
- Achieve a confident smile
- Enhance facial tissues
- Provide better support to a bridge or denture
- The jawbone is protected and does not deteriorate
- Restore chewing and digestion
- Better diets that include a wide variety of nuts and fruits
- Resolve speech difficulties
TYPES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
We are happy to provide the following services for dental implants:
Full Arch Replacement
FULL ARCH REPLACEMENT
Before dental implants, there was no permanent solution available for people who had multiple missing teeth. Nowadays, modern technology makes it possible to replace a full jaw with dental implants. A fixed bridge would be securely attached to the top of the implants.
It is hard to tell the difference between your new teeth and your natural ones. Patients who have had traditional dentures describe getting a fixed bridge as a very positive experience.
For more information, the Canadian Dental Association has a wonderful summary of what implants are and how they are installed.